- 10 Minutes
- Makes 4
Avocados freeze brilliantly, and it’s a great way to prolong the life of perfectly ripe ones. Prepping and freezing ingredients ahead means you can just chuck them all in the blender and still get your berry fix in the winter even when they’re no longer in season.
- frozen avocado ½
- banana 1 large, sliced (you can freeze this ahead too)
- baby spinach a handful of washed leaves
- kiwi fruit 1, peeled and chopped
- apple juice 400ml
- fresh or frozen blueberries 2 good handfuls
- lime 1, halved
- STEP 1 Put half the avocado, half the banana the spinach, kiwi fruit and half the apple juice in a blender. Add 3 cubes of ice and squeeze in a lime half. Blend until smooth then pour into 4 glasses.
- STEP 2 Rinse out the blender then add the rest of the avocado, banana, the blueberries, the rest of the apple juice, 3 more ice cubes and the juice of another half of lime, squeezed. Blend until smooth, then pour over a spoon onto the top of the green smoothie so you have 2 layers. Decorate with extra blueberries, if you like.