- 40 Minutes Macerating
- Makes 4 X 250ml Jars
Check out this quick and easy boozy jam recipe with juicy strawberries and Pimm’s for a summery addition to your afternoon tea spread
- strawberries 1kg, hulled and halved
- jam sugar 500g
- lemon 1, juiced
- Pimm’s 200ml
- STEP 1 Put a few small plates in the freezer for testing the jam. Tip the strawberries into a bowl, add 1/2 the jam sugar and mix well. Leave to macerate for 1 hour.
- STEP 2 Scrape the strawberries into a large pan, tip in the remaining jam sugar and lemon juice, and bring gently to the boil, stirring regularly to dissolve the sugar.
- STEP 3 Simmer the strawberries for 20-25 minutes, stirring now and again, until a sugar thermometer reads 105C. Stir regularly towards the end to avoid the sugar catching. Pour in the Pimm’s and stir well. Spoon a little onto one of the plates from the freezer. It should wrinkle and form a skin. If it doesn’t, simmer for another 10 minutes then test again.
- STEP 4 Pour into 4 x 250ml sterilised jars and seal. Store in a cool spot.