- 10 Minutes
- Serves 4 As A Side
Make the most of beetroot in this earthy hummus recipe, ready in 10 minutes for a last-minute entertaining idea
- cooked beetroots (use vac-packed rather than ones in vinegar) 150g
- chickpeas 400g tin, drained and rinsed
- garlic 1 clove
- tahini 3 tbsp
- extra-virgin olive oil 3 tbsp, plus extra to serve
- lemon 1½, juiced
- flatbreads and crackers to serve (optional)
- STEP 1 Drain the cooked beetroot really well and put in a food processor or blender with the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, olive oil and lots of seasoning. Whizz until completely smooth, then taste for seasoning (add more if needed) and stir in the lemon juice.
- STEP 2 Scrape into a serving bowl and drizzle over a little more olive oil. Serve with flatbreads and crackers for dipping, if you like.