- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter
- 1/4 cup honey or other sweetener, such as molasses, agave, etc.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- other spices/flavors I used 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and a pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup nuts/seeds I used 1/2 cup sliced raw almonds, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, and 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup chopped dried fruit I used chopped dried figs. You can omit the fruit if you want.
- Melt coconut oil, honey, salt, and other spices/flavors in a medium saucepan.
- When liquid mixture melts and becomes a bit foamy, turn the heat down to low, add the oats and stir to coat.
- Add the nuts/seeds, and stir to coat.
- Finally, add the dried fruit, and fold in to the mixture.
- Continue cooking on low heat for just a couple minutes (this will soften the ingredients slightly before you cool them, allowing them to stick together better).
- Meanwhile, line a small baking dish (mine measures 6″ by 8″) with parchment paperor plastic wrap, leaving the sides of the paper/wrap long.
- Add the mixture to the dish; press with the back of a wooden spoon so it is evenly spread out.
- Fold the parchment paper/plastic wrap over the granola so the top is covered (get more if necessary). Press the granola aggressively, so it is as packed as you can make it. I used my grill press, but you can also use a dish or cup, or your hands. Just make sure it is well packed and evenly distributed!
- Place in refrigerator and allow to cool completely- at least two hours, but I recommend overnight.
- Remove granola from parchment paper- it should be in one big block. Cut into 6-8 bars, and wrap individually in plastic wrap. Store in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
- I do my best to provide accurate nutrition information for my recipes. The provided nutrition information is my best estimate. It does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account.
Nutrition No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars
Amount Per Serving (1 bar)
Calories 308Calories from Fat 131% Daily Value*Fat 14.6g22%Saturated Fat 6.9g43%Sodium 78mg3%Carbohydrates 41.4g14%Fiber 6.2g26%Sugar 21.6g24%Protein 6.3g13%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.