My vegan fruit and yoghurt breakfast tart makes a fun non-dairy breakfast treat for any occasion. Customize your healthy tart with whatever fruit’s in season.
- 1 pot of dairy free coconut yoghurt alternative
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup mixed chopped nuts and seeds (I used almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melt if solid)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large or 2 small starfruit, thinly sliced
- 2-3 strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup mandarin orange slices
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 mango or papaya, thinly sliced and cup into small heart with a small cutter
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 banana
- about 10 raspberries
- Set oven to 350F
- Mix the oats, nuts and seeds, coconut oil, sugar and vanilla together in a bowl until everything is thoroughly coated.
- Press the mixture into a greased 10-12″ tart pan with a removable bottom (or a pie plate). Use a measuring cup to help press the granola evenly across the pan and up the sides. Depending on your pan, you might not need all the mixture.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until lightly golden. Let cool. You can make the crust ahead if you want to and fill it the next morning just before serving.
- Spread the yogurt evenly over the cooled granola crust.
- Beginning at the outside edge, arrange the strawberries alternately with the starfruit slices. Insert mandarin orange slices in the spaces between.
- Next lay down a circle of halved blueberries. Follow with the mango hearts and raspberries.
- Arrange half moons of kiwi next, and fill in the center with banana slices, blueberries, and a raspberry.
- For best results, serve right away. Remove the sides of the tart pan so that you can slice your tart more easily. Use a sharp knife to cut through the crust and ease out your slices with a pie server.
- For best results don’t add the yogurt and fruit to the crust until the last minute, and serve right away.
- Add a spritz of lemon juice to any fruit that tends to brown after cutting.