PREP TIME: 20 Mins
Cook TIME: 6 Hrs
Total TIME: 6 HRS
- 1 cup pitted dates (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes then drained)
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts (you can substitute with almonds or walnuts)
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil + 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup coconut milk + 2 tablespoons (placed in the refrigerator from overnight) (see notes below)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup + 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup fresh mango slices
- Blend the nuts in a food processor until it starts to turn into a meal consistency. Add the warm dates and pulse until blended together, scraping down with a spatula every now and then. The dates and nuts should mix together and be slightly sticky.
- Press the crust into a 6 inch cheesecake pan (I used a mug to press it evenly).
- Mix all the filling ingredients together in your blender (I would recommend something powerful such as a NutriBullet or VitaMIx or Ninja) and blend for 2 minutes. Remove and use spatula to scrape down anything that wasn’t blended. Blend again for one minute or until the cheesecake is smooth (not grainy at all). Ensure to taste it!
- If you want it to be creamier, add coconut milk. If you want it to be sweeter, add more maple syrup.
- Pour filling over crust and cover with saran wrap.
- Place in the freezer for 4 hours until set.
- Puree mango in a blender and spoon on top of cheesecake.
- Allow to set in the freezer for two more hours.