- 4 egg yolks (pasteurized, if desired)
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 ounces lime juice (key lime is preferred)
- 1 graham cracker pie shell (store-bought or homemade)
- Optional: whipped cream (for topping)
- Beat the egg yolks with a whisk.
- Stir in the condensed milk until well blended.
- Stir in the lime juice and mix until completely incorporated.
- Pour the filling into your pie shell and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve topped with whipped cream (if desired).
- The pie should be kept well chilled until serving. Store leftover pie, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.