The Brownies are Vegan. FODMAP. Gluten-Free. Dairy-free. Prebiotic.
- 1 tsp of Vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp of Baking powder
- 1/4 cup of Chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of Coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup of Teff Flour (Ivory or Brown)
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocao
- 1/2 cup of Tiger nuts / Almonds
- 1/3 cup Teff grain for extra texture + nutrition.
- Preheat oven to 175c.
- Sieve the teff flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, cocao and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Blitz chia seeds in your NutriBullet or food processor – to create chia flour. Add chia flour to the dry ingredients. Add roughly chopped nuts of your choice. Mix dry ingredients until well combined
- Add coconut oil, rice syrup and water to a small saucepan to melt coconut oil.
- Combine wet ingredients including vanilla essence with dry ingredients; mix until combined.
- Pour into loaf tin lined with baking paper
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer is inserted and removed clean.
** This brownie is high in fibre, iron, magnesium, zinc, potassium, protein, calcium, omega-3, vitamin E and good fats.**