An easy blended sorbet with vibrant Thai basil and spicy ginger.
PREP: 5 Mins plus overnight chilling, no cook SERVES 6
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- juice and zest 1 lime
- 1 small piece of ginger, sliced
- handful Thai basil leaves, plus a few extra little ones to serve
- 75g white caster sugar
- A couple of days before eating, tip everything into a blender or smoothie maker with 200ml water and blitz until very smooth. Pour into a freezable container and freeze overnight until solid.
- A few hours before serving, remove from the freezer and allow to defrost slightly so it slides out of the container in a block. Chop the block into ice cube-sized chunks and blitz in the blender or smoothie maker again until you have a thick, slushy purée. Tip back into the container and refreeze for 1 hr or until it can be scooped out.
- To serve, scoop the sorbet into chilled bowls or glasses and top with extra basil.