- SERVES 2 GENEROUSLY
- HANDS-ON TIME 10 MIN, PLUS CHILLING
Katy Beskow’s simple syllabub is rich and creamy with a hint of lime. Serve chilled in glasses for the perfect minimalist dessert.
- 400ML CAN FULL-FAT COCONUT MILK, CHILLED UNTIL FULLY COLD
- 4 TBSP COCONUT YOGURT
- 2 TBSP MAPLE SYRUP
- FINELY GRATED ZEST 1 LIME,JUICE ½ LIME
- 1 TSP TOASTED COCONUT CHIPS/FLAKES (FROM OCADO AND HEALTH FOOD STORES)
- Open the can of chilled coconut milk and scoop out the solid cream from the top, discarding the coconut water (or reserve it for another recipe). Spoon the cream into a mixing bowl and add the yogurt. Use an electric whisk to whip the coconut cream, yogurt and maple syrup together for 5 minutes or until gentle peaks form when the whisk is removed.
- Stir most of the lime zest into the creamy coconut mixture, then squeeze in the lime juice.
- Spoon into dessert dishes or glasses. Top with a few toasted coconut chips or flakes and the reserved lime zest.
Recipe from Katy Beskow’s book 15 Minute Vegan (£8, Amazon).