Image source: VeggieApp
This bell pepper and sun-dried tomato soup is sweet and has an Italian flavor. Imagine how delicious soup could be on a warm summer evening. But also in the other seasons, this soup with bell peppers and dried tomatoes is a perfect lunch, snack or dinner. For example, you can make it a main course by serving the soup with fresh baguette topped with hummus and fresh herbs.
Bell pepper and sun-dried tomato soup is very healthy
Like other vegetables, sweet peppers are high in fiber and nutrients and low in calories. Red peppers have more vitamin C than green peppers. Tomatoes are also very healthy. They contain a substance called ‘lycopene’. It is an antioxidant and gives them their natural red color. Antioxidants are commonly considered to protect body cells and tissue from harmful substances.
|6||sweet bell peppers|
|2||tomatoes large ones|
|3 cloves of||garlic|
|800 ml||vegetable stock|
|2 tbsp.||olive oil|
|1 handful||fresh basil|
|100 ml||plant cream|
- Cut the bell peppers in half. Remove the seeds and then chop them into small cubes.
- Cutthe onion into pieces and fry them in a wok with olive oil for about 5 minutes. Chop the chili and garlic into small pieces, add to the onion and fry everything for another 2 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers cubes and fry for about 10 minutes over medium heat. Stir regularly.
- Meanwhile , cut the tomatoes into cubes and add to the wok. Keep stirring the vegetables and add a tablespoon of water if it is about to burn.
- Heat the vegetable stock in a pot until it boils.
- Finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes and add to the vegetables. Keep stirring until the vegetables are done and the tomatoes start falling apart.
- Add the vegetables to the stock and puree directly with an immersion blender. Serve with fresh basil and plant cream.