- 30 Minutes
- Makes 16
Wow your friends and break the internet with these double chocolate chip cookies, that just happen to be vegan
Most dark chocolate is vegan but do check the label
- plain flour 125g
- cocoa powder 4 tbsp
- baking powder ½ tsp
- bicarbonate of soda ¼ tsp
- demerara sugar 100g
- dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate 100g
- coconut oil 75g, melted and cooled
- vanilla paste or extract 1 tsp
- STEP 1Mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder, bicarb, sugar and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- STEP 2Stir in the coconut oil, vanilla and 2 tbsp water until you have a rough dough. It will look a bit crumbly but should come together if you squeeze a lump together in your hand – if not, add a little more water.
- STEP 3Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Scoop out a generous tbsp of dough and mold into a ball using your hands. Push down on the baking tray into a cookie shape and repeat with the remaining dough – don’t worry about spacing them too far apart as they won’t expand much in the oven.
- STEP 4Bake for 12 minutes then leave to cool before eating. Stored in an airtight container the cookies will keep for a few days.