- 30 Minutes Plus 1 Hour Chilling Time
- Serves 4
Check out our seasonal vegetarian recipe using peas and Indian cheese, paneer. For perfectly cooked paneer, make sure you have a crunchy, charred outside with a soft and succulent middle. Divine!
- tikka curry paste 2 tbsp
- greek yogurt 3 tbsp, plus extra to serve
- gram flour 1 tbsp
- paneer 2 blocks, cut into 3cm chunks
- green pepper 1, cut into chunks
- watercress to serve
- naans to serve, warmed
PEA AND MINT RELISH
- white wine vinegar 2 tbsp
- caster sugar 2 tsp
- shallots 2, finely chopped
- peas 200g, blanched
- mint a small bunch, chopped
- STEP 1Mix the curry paste, yogurt and gram flour and season. Toss with the paneer and leave in the fridge for 1 hour.
- STEP 2To make the relish heat the vinegar and sugar gently in a pan until the sugar has dissolved. Add the shallots and leave to sit.
- STEP 3When you’re ready to cook, thread the paneer onto skewers, alternating with chunks of pepper. Grill under a high heat for 6-8 minutes until charred and coloured.ADVERTISINGinRead invented by TeadsWhen you’re ready to cook, thread the paneer onto skewers, alternating with chunks of pepper. Grill under a high heat for 6-8 minutes until charred and coloured.
- STEP 4Mix the peas and mint into the vinegar and serve with the paneer, some extra yogurt, watercress and warm naan breads.