- 35 Minutes
- Serves 4
These vegan, low calorie buffalo cauliflower tacos are ready in just 35 minutes and are so packed with flavour that you won’t even notice you’re being virtuous
- cauliflower 1 large
- garlic granules 1 tbsp
- olive oil
- American hot sauce 4 tbsp, (such as Frank’s)
- avocado 1, stoned and peeled
- limes 2, juiced
- jalapeño 1, finely sliced
- cumin seeds 1 tsp, toasted
- celery 1 stalk, finely sliced
- red cabbage 1/4, finely sliced
- whole wheat tortillas 8 small
- coriander a small bunch, leaves picked
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 240C/fan 220C/gas 9. Remove all the leaves (keep for stock) from the cauli, and cut into bite-sized florets. Tip into a bowl with the garlic granules, and 1 tbsp oil. Season well, and tip onto a shallow baking tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden, and the stems still have a little crunch. Toss with the hot sauce on the baking tray until completely coated and bake for another 5-10 minutes until golden and crisp.
- STEP 2Meanwhile whizz the avocado in a small blender with the juice of 1 lime and some seasoning. Add a splash of water to make a thick drizzling consistency.
- STEP 3Toss the jalapeño, cumin seeds, celery and cabbage with the remaining lime juice. Griddle or dry-fry the tortillas until toasted. Spoon the cauli into the tacos with the red cabbage, avocado and some coriander.