- 25 Minutes
- Serves 4
Try our refreshing Vietnamese style herb salad packed with mint, Thai basil and coriander for a vibrant summer BBQ side dish
*This recipe is gluten-free according to industry standards
- rice vermicelli noodles 2 nests
- watermelon 400g, cut into large chunks
- bean sprouts a handful, blanched and refreshed
- mint a bunch, leaves torn
- Thai basil a bunch, leaves torn
- coriander a bunch, leaves torn
- spring onions 3, finely chopped
- sesame seeds 1 tbsp, toasted
- rice wine vinegar 2 tbsp
- fish sauce 2 tbsp
- caster sugar 1 tbsp
- bird’s-eye chilli 2, finely chopped
- STEP 1Cook the rice noodles following pack instructions and refresh in ice-cold water.
- STEP 2Drain, then put in a bowl along with the watermelon and bean sprouts.
- STEP 3In a separate bowl, mix together all of the dressing ingredients with 1 tbsp of water, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- STEP 4Add the herbs and spring onions to the noodles and melon along with the dressing, toss well and pile onto a serving platter.ADVERTISINGinRead invented by Teads
Rice noodles and herbs are used at every Vietnamese meal.