Nothing compares to – or makes the kitchen smell quite as amazing as – a batch of pancakes, from scratch.
These homemade hotcakes are light, fluffy and made from simple ingredients that you might already have in your pantry.
Plus, each bite oozes with bright blueberries for a luscious, fruity breakfast. Blueberries also promote brain health, so here’s to a brilliant day ahead!
Makes 2 Servings
You can adjust recipe serving sizes for leftovers (and company!) in your menu.
- Unsweetened applesauce 1/3 cup + 2 tsps
- Unsweetened soy/nut/rice milk 2/3 cup
- Sugar 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Olive oil 1 tbsp + 2 tsps
- Gluten-free all-purpose flour 1 cup
- Baking powder 2 tsps
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Blueberries 1 cup
- Maple syrup 1/4 cup
- Mix the unsweetened soy/nut/rice milk, applesauce, sugar and olive oil in a bowl.
- Mix the gluten-free all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt separately. Combine the dry with the wet ingredients but be careful not to over mix.
- Allow the batter to sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil on a large skillet on medium heat. Wait until the oil is hot enought that a tiny splash of water sizzles once it hits the pan. Use a ladle or small meauring cup to scoop batter onto the heated skillet.
- Add blueberries before flipping. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the sides have bubbled and the center is starting to bubble. Check to make sure the bottom is browning lightly, but not burning. Flip and cook the other side.
- Enjoy with maple syrup on top