These pancakes are not only healthy but they contain protein and provide a great way to use any leftover cooked grains you might have. Top with natural (vegan) yoghurt and berries and they make the perfect breakfast treat 🙂
- 120g/1 cup plain flour or use wholemeal if you want to go super-healthy
- 50g/¼ cup cooked quinoa or other cooked grains that you have leftover
- 25g/¼ cup of quick-cook oats (eg Quaker)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- 150ml/¾ cup plant milk of your choice
- 30ml/⅛ cup vegan syrup eg agave or maple
- 1 tsp lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- Oil or vegan spread for frying
- Vegan natural yoghurt, vegan syrup, berries, mint, mixed seeds, banana, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, lemon juice, gojis, mixed chopped nuts, vegan cream.
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and stir thoroughly but gently.
- Heat a small amount of oil or spread in a medium-sized frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add around 3 tablespoons of batter to the pan to create one pancake.
- Fry on each side until golden.
- Repeat this stage until all the batter is used up.
- Serve with all the good stuff and enjoy!