10 MINUTES PREP TIME
By Alex at Sundried on June 30, 2017, categorized in WorkoutSave
Getting the right nutrition when you are training for any goal is key to your success. Whether you’re training for a marathon, triathlon, bodybuilding competition, or even just general health and fitness! It is vital that you nourish your body for your personal goal so that you can reach your full potential. You want to fuel yourself with healthy foods, but the biggest challenge can be curbing cravings for those indulgent favourites… That’s why we asked Alex at Sundried, a qualified Personal Trainer and Sports Nutritionist, to develop this awesome peanut butter brownie recipe which uses Vega® Clean* Protein. The recipe has only has 4 ingredients which means you can easily whip it up and enjoy as an on-the-go snack or as pre- or post-workout fuel. Who knew a vegan, gluten-free brownie could taste so good!?
2 medium, over ripe bananas
113 g smooth peanut butter
57 g chocolate Vega® Clean* Protein
28 g cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/ gas mark 4. Line a small square baking dish or skillet with parchment paper, or grease well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana with a fork and then mix in the peanut butter. Whisk until fully combined.
- Stir in the Vega® Clean* Protein and cocoa powder with a wooden spoon. Pour the batter into the prepared dish.
- Bake for 12-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- Cover the leftovers and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy cold or at room temperature!
Note: You can even enjoy the brownie batter raw, think cookie dough! It tastes just as good as the cooked brownies, if not better!