Looking for a dairy-free and egg-free pancake recipe? Then you’ll love these vegan Banana Bread Pancakes with Chocolate Chunks! And you’ll never have to decide between banana bread and pancakes again!
Course Breakfast, Dessert,
Prep Time 15 minutesC
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutesS
Servings 2 peopleC
- 1 very ripe banana and a few slices for garnish
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk e.g. rice milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup and more for drizzling on top
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut meal and more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mash the peeled banana and add the plant-based milk, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Give it a quick whisk.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and hazelnut meal to the wet ingredients. Whisk until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Spray a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to medium to low heat. Add an ice cream scoop or small ladle of pancake batter*. Let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set, then flip with a spatula. Let it cook on the other side until done. Repeat for all the pancakes. You should be able to get 5-6 pancakes out of the batter.
- Stack the pancakes, top with banana slices, drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with hazelnut meal. Enjoy!
*If the batter spreads too much in the pan, whisk a bit more flour into the batter. If it doesn’t spread enough, add a bit more plant-based milk. Tips for making the perfect vegan pancakes:
- Flip the pancakes when you see small bubbles in the center.
- If your pancakes are golden brown on the outside but not cooked all the way through, reduce the heat!
- Not fluffy enough? Add more baking powder.
- If your pancakes stick to the pan, make sure you use a non-stick pan or griddle and to spray the pan with oil before adding the batter.
Serving: 1/2 of the recipe | Calories: 477kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 701mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 0.8% | Vitamin C: 6.2% | Calcium: 16.2% | Iron: 25.8%