The recipe for these vegan blueberry muffins couldn’t be easier. They’re ready in only 25 minutes and all you need for the preparation is one bowl! And they’re so delicious and of course vegan. The perfect little treat! Simple and DELICIOUS!!
Course Breakfast, Dessert
Prep Time 5 minutesC
Cook Time 20 minutesT
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 12 muffins
Calories 157 kcal
For the eggless blueberry muffins (vegan):
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored soy yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup almond milk
For the topping (optional):
- about 6 tablespoons vanilla-flavored soy yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the blueberries. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Add the blueberries and use a spatula or spoon to gently fold the blueberries into the muffin batter.
- Place baking cups in a muffin pan and divide the mixture evenly.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 360°F. Let the muffins cool down for about half an hour.
- Top with more soy yogurt, lemon zest, and blueberries if you want or just enjoy them by themselves.
- For the eggless blueberry muffins I used a mixture of all-purpose flour and almond flour. I love vegan muffins with almond flour because the almond flour makes them extra moist. If you can’t get hold of almond flour or if you’re allergic to almonds, you can of course just use regular flour instead. No problem at all!
- The other “secret ingredient” to make these vegan blueberry muffins extra moist is yogurt. I used vanilla-flavored soy yogurt, but plain soy or coconut yogurt is also fine. If you want you could just add a teaspoon of natural vanilla extract in this case.
- We enjoyed the vegan blueberry muffins with some vegan yogurt and lemon zest on top. This is optional, but I highly recommend the combination of blueberries and lemon. If you want you could also add a bit of lemon juice or lemon zest to the muffin batter.