30 MINUTES PREP TIME
Who doesn’t love a stem-tastic ginger snap – especially when they are homemade! Slightly crispy on the outside, but soft and chewy on the inside. Plus, baking them will fill your kitchen with those winter warming fragrances…
300 g gluten-free all purpose flour
60 g caster sugar
60 g brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 Tbsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp cloves
80 mL coconut oil, melted
1 Tbsp maple syrup
60 mL unsweetened almond drink
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
80 g molasses
2 Tbsp demerara sugar
2 Tbsp crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/ gas mark 4, then line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together the gluten-free flour, sugars, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In a separate smaller bowl, mix the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, almond drink, vanilla and molasses.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir until well blended. It should form into a moist ball of dough. If not, add one teaspoon of water, one teaspoon at a time until a dough consistency is reached.
- Stir together (or pulse in food processor) the sugar topping ingredients and set aside.
- Form the dough into small balls and roll in the sugar topping. Place on the lined baking tray. Flatten slightly with your hand or the bottom of a drinking glass.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven and cool slightly for five minutes then enjoy!