15 MINUTES PREP TIME
Pancakes aren’t just for Sunday mornings. With this recipe you can have fluffy chocolate pancakes, in 15 minutes flat, any day of the week.
1 serving Chocolate Vega® Clean* Protein(37 g) or Vega® Essentials (36 g)
60 g gluten-free oats
30 g gluten-free all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
60 mL applesauce
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp coconut oil, plus extra for frying
250 mL unsweetened almond drink
1/2 chopped apple
Chopped nuts (like walnuts, pecans)
- In a blender, blend the oats and Vega® Clean* Protein or Vega® Essentials until combined into a fine flour.
- Place the flour in a bowl and mix in the gluten-free flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the applesauce, almond drink and 30 mL of coconut oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, careful not to over mix (small lumps are ok).
- Set the mix aside to allow the baking powder to create air bubbles, for fluffier pancakes.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat. Splash water on the pan, if it sizzles, the pan is hot enough.
- Drop a little coconut oil on the frying pan and swirl to create an even layer.
- Now drop spoonfuls of batter on the frying pan, cooking 3 to 4 pancakes at a time.
- Cook until the batter is covered in bubbles, once bubbles start to burst and edges dry, flip.
- Once flipped, cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding oil each time if needed.
- Top with chopped apple, nuts and maple syrup.