15 MINUTES PREP TIME
As the nights get darker and colder, what better way to add a little evening comfort with a delicious vegan, gluten-free bread pudding. Did we mention this is a chocolate and banana bread pudding?
200 g sourdough bread (regular or gluten-free), cut into cubes
1 frozen banana
1 pack (396 grams) soft tofu
300 g canned coconut milk (or unsweetened plant-based drink)
60 mL maple syrup
2 Tbsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 bananas, sliced
100 g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/ gas mark 4 and toast the bread cubes until thoroughly dry.
- In a blender, make your own plant-based custard by puréeing the frozen banana and tofu until smooth. Add in the coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Toss the cubed bread with the blended custard. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Layer the bread with sliced banana and chocolate in a casserole dish. Pour any remaining custard on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until browned and the custards set. Let it cool and then refrigerate.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream or a plant-based alternative to ice cream