PrintPrep time10 minsCook time17 minsTotal time27 mins Delicious chocolate chip cookies made using mashed avocado in place of butter.Author: Jen NikolausRecipe type: DessertServes: 2-3 dozenIngredients
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. Truvia (or ¾ cup granulated sugar)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup avocado, mashed or pureed in the food processor
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a standing mixer bowl, blend the brown sugar and Truvia. Slowly beat in the coconut oil. Add in the mashed or blended avocado, egg whites, and vanilla. Blend on low speed until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips and blend on low speed until the dough is just combined. Dough will be crumbly. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 300º F. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Roll the dough into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Flatten slightly and bake for 17-19 minutes (do not over bake!) Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationServing size: per cookie Calories: 101 Fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 13 g Sugar: 3.3 g Sodium: 87 mgProtein: 2 g