The great thing about overnight fridge oatmeal is that it involves no cookingand is perfect for entertaining a crowd for breakfast- or even just an easy kid breakfast before school!
This Overnight Pumpkin Oatmeal is decadent, my friends, and even though it has oats and vitamin-rich pumpkin, I very much consider this comfort food. Enjoy! (especially on a chilly fall day with a hot cup of coffee!)
Overnight Pumpkin Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Sugar Pecans
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup milk
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbls butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cinnamon sugared pecans
cinnamon, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and/or brown sugar for topping
- Mix oats, pumpkin, milk and cinnamon in a medium tupperware container.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a saucepan on medium heat until melted into a sauce.
- Combine the brown sugar mixture into the oats mixture, cover and leave overnight in the fridge.
- You can make your cinnamon sugared pecans ahead of time or right before serving.
- You can serve the oatmeal cold or warm it up in the microwave (warm is best!). I like to pour a little bit more milk in each bowl before heating. Top with your preferred toppings and the cinnamon and sugar pecans.