Delicious, affordable vegan chocolate is easy to come by and I’ve done the hard work of reviewing and tasting some of the best options around, so you don’t have to.
Here are some of my top picks:
- Vego Whole Hazelnut Chocolate Bar The Cruelty Free ShopVegan, organic, Fairtrade, gluten-free, and totally tasty – the Vego Chocolate Bar ticks all the boxes. There’s a chocolate spread version, too.
- Hotel Chocolat Gianduja Bombe Selector Hotel Chocolat is silky, smooth dark hazelnut bombe will melt in your mouth like vegan butter. It’s perfection in praline form.
- Green & Black’s Velvet Edition Dark Chocolate Roasted Almond Green & Black’s This PETA Vegan Food Award winner is wonderfully smooth with a satisfying crunch, courtesy of the roasted almonds.
- Oatly Oat Drink this Oatly drink is a kid’s (and adult’s) favourite: chocolate milk – except it’s vegan! This timeless classic is great straight from the fridge or heated up on the hob.
- Organic Extra Dark Chocolate With Cornish Sea Salt Seed and Bean Cornish sea salt and Ecuadorian cocoa are blended together to create this one-of-a-kind animal-friendly, tantalising treat.
- Cadbury Bournville this iconic dark chocolate was launched over 100 years ago – and is now made using a milk-free recipe.
- Lazy Day Foods Belgian Dark Chocolate Tiffin Lazy Day Foods chocolate combined with crunchy biscuit, this makes a great gift to take round to someone’s house – that is, if you can bring yourself to share.
- Ritter Sport Marzipan Ritter
WARNING: For anyone with a serious sweet tooth, refraining yourself from eating the whole bar in one sitting can be tricky.
- Booja-Booja Fine de Champagne dairy free, gluten-free and organic, these truly tasty truffles are a go-to gift for any vegan gourmets in your life.
- Vivani White Nougat crisp
Quite simply some of the yummiest white chocolate we’ve ever tasted.
- Divine Dark Chocolate After Dinner Ginger Thins Divine Chocolate
Vegan and Fair trade? Chocolate doesn’t get much more virtuous than this.
- Pip & Nut Chocolate Orange Almond Butter Pip & Nut
Forget Nutella! This scrumptious vegan version will satisfy all your toast-based chocolate needs.
- Humdinger Dairy Free Chocolate ButtonsHumdinger
These buttons are cheap, nostalgic, and child-friendly – and cruelty-free, of course. (Many supermarkets also sell own-brand dairy-free chocolate buttons – look in the free-from section.)
- Alpro Hazelnut Chocolate Ice-CreamAlpro
Don’t be fooled by the fact that this ‘ice cream’ is made from hazelnuts and is actually kind of healthy. It still delivers an intense chocolate hit that you won’t forget in a hurry!
- Moo Free Organic Original Chocolate BarMoo Free
If it’s milk chocolate you’re craving, this dairy-free rice-milk bar will definitely hit the spot.
Enjoy! Chocolate is also an excellent way to bribe persuade your friends to sample a cruelty-free lifestyle, so get out there and spread the vegan love.