Blondies that are soft, moist, naturally sweetened and loaded with gooey chocolate chunks and roasted pistachios.
- Yield: 6 small squares
- 1 cup (96g) almond flour
- 2 tbsp (14g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp (7g) ground flaxseeds
- 3 tbsp (45ml) water
- 1 tbsp (15g) almond butter
- 2 tsp (10ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp (30g) dark chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips)
- 2 tbsp (15g) roasted pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line the bottom of a 4×7-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, prepare the flax egg: whisk together the ground flaxseeds with the 3 tablespoons of water and let it sit for 5 minutes. It should become thick and viscous.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, and baking soda. Add the flax egg, almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Mix using a spoon or spatula until combined. It should have the texture of cookie dough.
- Stir in the dark chocolate chunks and roasted pistachios and mix again until combined.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pan and press it down into an even layer. You can use a layer of parchment paper and a glass to press it down if the dough is too sticky.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the top of the blondies is slightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before cutting into small squares. Blondies will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 7.9g
- Fat: 13.2g
- Carbohydrates: 14.2g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 4.9g