Rich and smooth 2-ingredient almond milk creamer. Perfect to enhance your cup of coffee or tea!★
- Yield: 2 and 1/2 cups
- 1 cup (140g) raw almonds
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 1/2 cup (100g) coconut cream (from one can coconut milk)
- optional: 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, 2 tbsp maple syrup, a pinch of salt
- Place the almonds in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Soak the almonds overnight, or at least 6 hours.
- Rinse the almonds and drain. Place them into a blender with the 2 cups water. Blend on high-speed for about 1 minute.
- Place a nut milk bag over a large bowl. Pour the almond milk into the bag and gently squeeze to release the almond milk. Discard the almond pulp, or keep for other uses.
- Transfer the almond milk to a saucepan, set aside. Open a refrigerated can of full-fat coconut milk and scoop out 1/2 cup of solid coconut cream, leaving out the coconut water. Add it to the saucepan. At this point, you can add a pinch of salt, some maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, or your favorite spices.
- Heat over low-medium heat, whisking constantly until the coconut cream has melted. Do not heat too much or bring to a boil, you just want the coconut cream to melt.
- Transfer to a clean glass bottle, or small bowl and refrigerate. Stir into coffee, tea, or even cold brew. The creamer will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Creamer might separate in the refrigerator, just give it a good shake before using.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 15
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.2g