A creamy Chocolate Mousse made with Aquafaba (chickpea brine). GF | V and free from Coconut, Nuts and Avocado.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup Aquafaba (room temperature)
- 1/8 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 tablespoon Cane Sugar (use Coconut Sugar for an even healthier version)
- Seeds from 1 Vanilla Bean Pod
- 6 oz Dark Chocolate, melted (make sure it is dairy-free)
- Raspberries, to decorate
- Melt your dark chocolate over a bain marie or in the microwave – be careful and keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn. Once melted, leave to cool whilst preparing meringue.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, combine Aquafaba and cream of tartar. Whisk until soft peaks form – this will take anywhere between 5-15 minutes. Once you’ve achieved soft peaks, add coconut sugar and vanilla bean seeds in. Continue whisking for another 1 minute.
- Drizzle your chocolate into the meringue and gently fold it in with a spatula. Fold until all the chocolate has evenly incorporated into the meringue.
- Pour into glasses and chill for at least 4 hours. Decorate your set mousses with raspberries and enjoy!
Recipe Type: Dessert