Soft and chewy coconut & matcha cookies that are vegan, gluten-free, and naturally sweetened!
- Yield: 8 small cookies
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 and 1/4 tsp matcha powder
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar (or agave syrup)
- 4 tsp melted cocoa butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°F (90°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the shredded coconut, almond flour, and matcha powder.
- Add the coconut nectar, melted cocoa butter, and vanilla extract. Using a wooden spoon, mix for about 1 minute, or until it forms a slightly sticky paste. You can also use your hands to mix.
- Using slightly wet hands, form 8 thick cylinders of about 1.5-inch wide and place them on the baking sheet. Don’t worry if they are close to each other, they won’t spread.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Then let cool at least 20 minutes before enjoying the cookies.
- These matcha cookies will keep for up to 5 days stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 144
- Sugar: 8.2g
- Fat: 10.1g
- Carbohydrates: 11.4g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 2.1g