Moreish cupcakes topped with creamy chocolate peanut butter frosting that everyone will love.
Course Dessert Cuisine baking, vegan
Keyword healthy vegan, peanut butter, vegan baking, vegan cake, vegan cupcake, vegan recipe Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
For the cupcakes
- 250 g self raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100 g unrefined golden caster sugar
- 250 ml almond milk
- 160 g Meridian smooth peanut butter
- 100 ml nut oil
For the frosting
- 100 g Meridian smooth peanut butter
- 50 g good quality unsweetened cocoa
- 200 g unrefined icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 70 ml almond milk
- Heat the oven to 160C and line a 12 hole muffin tin with cake cases. Combine the flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat together the almond milk, peanut butter and nut oil until smooth. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid. Stir gently until you have a smooth, thick mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake cases and bake for 20-25mins then set aside to cool.
- While the cakes are cooling make the frosting. Beat together all the ingredients to make a stiff smooth frosting. Once the cakes are cool spread or pipe the frosting on top. If the frosting is too stiff, add an extra splash of almond milk.
Cook’s tip – Add a sprinkle of desiccated coconut or some vegan sprinkles to decorate the top.