- 450g caster sugar
- 400g coconut cream
- 50g coconut oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extra or vanilla powder
- ½ tsp of salt
1. Line a 20 x 20cm cake tin with baking parchment. Tip the sugar, coconut cream and coconut oil into a large saucepan. Place over a medium heat and stir to dissolve the sugar and melt the coconut cream.
2. Once dissolved, put a sugar thermometer in the pan, making sure the end is completely covered by the mixture. Increase the heat and bring to a boil. Keep bubbling, stirring occasionally to stop the sugar from catching, until the mixture reaches 120 degrees centigrade .
3. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to sit, undisturbed, for 5 mins, until the temperature drops to 110 degrees centigrade. Stir in the vanilla and salt.
4. Keep the sugar thermometer in the pan and begin beating the mixture with a wooden spoon, quite vigorously, until the temperature cools to about 60 degrees centigrade .
5. Before it sets completely, quickly pour the fudge into your prepared tin and smooth over the surface. Leave to cool at room temperature overnight. Cut into bite-sized pieces, it will keep in a sealed container for up to 2 months.