Two favorite foods unite in this ultimate vegan creation. This pizza burrito and easy pizza sauce will quickly become your new favorite!
Course Main Course Cuisine Italian
Prep Time 45 minutesC
Cook Time 20 minutesTotal
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutesServings
Calories 311 kcalA
For Pizza Sauce:
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup veggie broth , low sodium if needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
For One Burrito:
- 1 tortilla (use your favorite)
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach , measure packed
- 1/4 cup crimini mushrooms , sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Easy Pizza Sauce (see recipe above)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cream Sauce (use sauce portion only)
- 1 tablespoon Chickpea Vegan Sausage Crumbles (optional, see notes)
For Pizza Sauce:
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Allow to sit so that flavors can mesh together. It will be stronger and more flavorful the next day!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).
- Make sure all sauces and chickpeas are made.
- Warm your tortilla in the microwave for 1 minute (cover with damp paper towel to soften). You can use an oven as well but you want to make sure you are steaming it not making it crispy.
- Once warm, put 1 1/2 tablespoons pizza sauce in the middle, spread out long ways.
- Place 1/4 cup spinach over pizza sauce.
- Put 1 1/2 tablespoons cream sauce over spinach.
- Spread 1 tablespoon chickpea crumbles over cream sauce.
- Place 1/4 cup mushrooms on the top.
- Fold sides of tortilla inward until ends touch.
- Next, fold bottom of tortilla over the middle and tuck it tight as you roll it all into a burrito with both ends folded closed. See pictures above.
- Bake on parchment lined cookie sheets, seam side down, for 20 minutes. Allow to cool, then devour!
Prep time includes making all the sauces and chickpea sausage crumbles.
You will have plenty of sauce, you can freeze leftovers for another day.
If using the chickpea sausage crumbles, make them with only half of the seasonings. The pizza sauce is very flavorful so it may be too many flavors if both are used in full strength. Alternatively you could also just used plain chopped chickpeas, either crispy baked or not.
Tips to prep ahead: Make all sauces and chickpeas, slice mushrooms.
Nutrition FactsVegan Pizza Burrito with Easy Pizza Sauce
Per Serving Calories 311Calories from Fat 54% Daily Value*Total Fat 6g 9% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Sodium 3820mg 159% Potassium 1669mg 48% Total Carbohydrates 58g 19% Dietary Fiber 9g 36 % Sugars 23g Protein 12g 24% Vitamin A 75.5% Vitamin C 40.3% Calcium 18.3% Iron 57%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.