Vegan homemade strawberry milk made only with natural sweeteners. Three ingredients, easy to make
Course Drinks Cuisine American Keyword healthy strawberry milk, homemade strawberry syrup
Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes Servings 8 Calories 94 kcal
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 10 Medjool dates
- 1 cup water
- Cold Unsweetened Coconut Milk , 8 ounces of milk per person
- Put strawberries, dates and water in a medium pot, cover and bring to a boil. Boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour into a blender and blend on high until smooth. Careful because it will be hot.
- Once cool enough, pour through a fine mesh strainer or nut milk bag to get all the pieces out. Use a large bowl or even the pot you boiled it in. If using a bowl, return strained liquid to the pot and boil with the top off until it thickens to your liking. I did about 10 minutes.
- Store in a jar and place in the refrigerator so it can get very cold, about an hour but even better if overnight.
- When ready, combine 2 tablespoons syrup (you can add 3 if you want it sweeter) for each 8 ounces of milk. Enjoy!
- If you don’t like coconut, almond or cashew milk will work great too.
- I used frozen strawberries, but fresh will also work. Just watch it while it boils as you may need less time.
- If you prefer, you can also sub the dates with maple syrup. I’d start with 1/2 cup.
- Number of servings is for the syrup
Nutrition FactsVegan Homemade Strawberry Milk with Natural Sweeteners
Amount Per Serving Calories 94% Daily Value* Total Fat 0g 0%Saturated Fat 0g 0% Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 2mg 0% Potassium 263mg 8%Total Carbohydrates 25g 8% Dietary Fibre 2g 8% Sugars 21g Protein 0g 0% Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 25.7% Calcium 2.5% Iron 2.3%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.