Peanut butter and curry flavor this savory overnight oats recipe. The healthy breakfast is easy to prepare and perfect for anyone who loves oatmeal, but doesn’t have a big sweet tooth. Plus, it’s a great way to sneak some extra veggies into your day.
Ingredients 1 serving
- ½ cup rolled oats (see Tip)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ cup chopped cooked greens, such as spinach or kale
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- Prep 10 minutes
- Ready In 8 hours
- Combine oats, coconut milk, peanut butter, tamari and curry powder in a small bowl or jar. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Top with greens, tomatoes and corriander before serving.
- Tip: People with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity should use oats that are labeled “gluten-free,” as oats are often cross-contaminated with wheat and barley.
- To make ahead: Prepare through Step 1 and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Serving size: 1 jar
- Per serving: 307 calories; 14 g fat(4 g sat); 6 g fiber; 34 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 28 mcg folate; 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 4,932 IU vitamin A; 17 mg vitamin C; 208 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 467 mg sodium; 294 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (99% daily value), Vitamin C (28% dv), Calcium (21% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2½