These fancy-looking apple roses are the perfect dessert to impress your family and friends. Easier than they look to make but give that fancy feel, you only need 5 ingredients!
Keyword easy vegan desserts, vegan puff pastry
Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes . Servings 6 . Calories 233 kcalA
- 1 sweet apple , e.g. Pink Lady
- 1 9 x 16-inch package vegan puff pastry , thawed
- 1 teaspoon vegan white sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Slice the apple with a slicer into very thin slices.
- Roll out the puff pastry and sprinkle the white sugar and cinnamon evenly on the pastry dough.
- Cut the dough horizontally into 6 equal strips.
- Place the apple slices on the pastry dough strips so that they overlap one another. The skin side of the apples should stick a little out of the strip. Carefully roll the strips in.
- Smooth down the bottom and press it together a bit.
- Place the apple roses in a lightly oiled muffin pan and put the pan in the oven on the lowest rack for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let them cool off completely before carefully twisting them out of the pan.
- Dust the apple roses with powdered sugar before serving.
- I used coconut sugar instead of white sugar and they turned to great.
- You can make your own powdered sugar from coconut sugar as well by putting it into a high speed blender and blending on high until it forms a powder.
Reprinted with permission from The Veginner’s Cookbook, copyright © 2018 by Bianca Haun and Sascha Naderer. Published by Skyhorse Publishing, Inc.
Nutrition FactsFancy Apple Cinnamon Roses
Amount Per Serving Calories 233 Calories from Fat 63% Daily Value*Total Fat 7g 11% Saturated Fat 0g 0% Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 200mg 8% Total Carbohydrates 22g 7% Dietary Fibre 2g 8% Sugars 2g Protein 4g 8%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.