Delightfully powerful cinnamon and crispy walnuts – what a perfect combination!
- 75g dried apricots
- ¼ cup (60ml) hot water
- 15g pistachios
- 40g walnuts
- 25g quinoa flakes or ground almonds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Soak the apricots in the hot water for 10 minutes, then discard the water
- Using the chopper attachment of a hand blender, or a food processor, grind the pistachios until they resemble breadcrumbs. Add the softened apricots and blend until smooth
- Add the walnuts, quinoa flakes and cinnamon, and blend again. The mixture does not need to be smooth – a few small pieces are OK
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper and then, using a glass, cup or cookie cutter, cut out 10 small cookies. Place on a baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until the edges are browned
- Cool for 5 minutes then remove from the tray – if you leave them, they may stick. Allow to cool for another 10 minutes before eating.
Recipe taken from Superfoods 24/7: Delicious Recipes for Superfoods at Every Meal by Jessica Nadel (Apple Press, £14.99)