Chai Turmeric Popcorn Trail Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (Or use 3/4 teaspoon matcha powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 pinch ground clove Adjust to taste — this can be a strong flavor.
- 4 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons unsalted, roasted pepitas (AKA pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted, roasted pistachios
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- In a small bowl, mix the spices together thoroughly, set aside.
- Mix the coconut oil with the vanilla.
- In a large bowl, toss popcorn with the vanilla coconut oil, mixing well with your hands or a spoon to coat all popcorn.
- Sprinkle on the spices evenly, toss popcorn around while dusting, to evenly disperse.
- Add cherries, pepitas and pistachios and toss to coat. Spread the mixture out in a single layer on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Microwave dark chocolate pieces, or heat over a double boiler, until melted and drizzle over trail mix, using a spoon and quick back and forth motions. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes to let chocolate harden.
- Toss the trail mix together and store in a sealed container for up to 7 days. If it’s warm out, store in the fridge.