Vegan Niçoise Salad
A vegan version of a classic Niçoise salad featuring Garlic & Herb baked tofu, buttery boiled potatoes, blanched green beans, kalamata olives, capers, and tomatoes with a white wine Dijon vinaigrette.
- 2 cups salad greens
- 2 medium potatoes boiled until tender
- 1/2 cup blanched green beans
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon kalamata olives halved or chopped
- 1/2 cup Garlic & Basil Baked Tofu
White Wine Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons White wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or basil optional
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place the greens to a large shallow salad bowl, then arrange the remaining ingredients over the top.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a jar with a lid and shake until well combined (or use a bowl and whisk together).
- Dress the salad with 2 tablespoons of dressing, or to taste. Refrigerate the remaining dressing and store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Recipe variations and additions:
- Add seeds for extra crunch
- Add chopped nuts for healthy fats
- Swap the potatoes, chickpeas, roasted sweet potatoes, quinoa or any cooked whole grain