Sesame-Coconut-Turmeric French Toast
This French toast has a crispy, flavorful crust made of sesame seeds, almond meal, and coconut. It’s sautéed in coconut oil, and the final result is a tender inside, crispy outside, and a warm, toasted coconut flavor.
|2-3 servings||5 minutes|
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried coconut sesame, almond meal
- 1/4 cup Almond meal
- 1/4 cup Sesame seeds white or black sesame seeds both work
- 1 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 4-5 slices Bread depends on size
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk we use unsweetened almond milk, but any type of milk works
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil or sunflower or olive oil
- Combine the coconut, sesame seeds, almond meal, turmeric, and black pepper on a plate.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a shallow, wide bowl.
- Dip each slice of bread in the egg mixture, ensuring it’s completely coated. Then dip in the coconut mixture, making sure it’s totally covered on all sides and edges.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Or, if you’re frying these in two batches in a medium skillet, use 1/2 tablespoon oil at a time. Cook each slice until golden and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Top with your favorite toppings. We love plain yogurt, banana, and maple syrup!