Dark Chocolate Walnut Butter
This delicious concoction tastes like chocolate cake batter…or the center of a molten chocolate cake. It’s fantastic paired with bananas on whole grain toast, blended into a smoothie, as a dip for fruit, or used as frosting for cupcakes or brownies. Or, you know, straight off the spoon.
|16 tablespoons||5 minutes|
- 2 cups Walnuts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
- 11/2 – 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- Place walnuts in food processor or blender. Pulse until mixture looks like bread crumbs.
- Slowly add oil until mixture becomes smooth.
- Add cinnamon, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and sea salt and blend until smooth and creamy (about 2-3 minutes).
- Place in jar and store in fridge.
Per 2 tablespoons:
Fat: 17g fat (2g saturated)