This mildly sweet granola will quell your chocolate cravings while nourishing your body with fiber and healthy fats. Use it on top of yoghurt, with a little milk, or grab a handful plain.
|4 – 1 3/4 cups||5 minutes|
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
Servings: 1 3/4 cupS
- Preheat the oven to 275°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray, or lightly rub with oil.
- In a medium bowl, stir the oats, cinnamon, and cocoa powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Pour the liquid ingredients over the oat mixture and stir until fully coated.
- Spread the mixture out in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake until it begins to get crispy, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the cacao nibs and coconut. Spread out again in a single layer and bake until crisp all the way through, about another 10 minutes. Allow to cool fully before serving.
NUTRITION INFO: Per serving: 194 calories, 4 g protein, 25 g carbohydrates, 6 g fiber, 6 g total sugar, 10 g fat, 7 g saturated fat, 3 mg sodium, 127 mg potassium (4% DV), 26 mg calcium (3% DV), 38 mg magnesium (10% DV), 0 mcg B12 (0% DV), 0.029 mg B6 (1% DV), 1.6 mg iron (9% DV)