Chocolate Peanut Butter Breakfast Smoothie
This rich chocolatey breakfast smoothie uses a secret ingredient to add nutrition and creaminess. You’ll never taste that it has a full serving of cauliflower, but it’s in there! You’ll feel satisfied all morning with this protein and fiber-rich smoothie while starting the day with chocolate….what could be better?
- 3/4 cup steamed cauliflower cooled
- 1 small Banana frozen in chunks
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened almond milk or 1% milk
- 2/3 cup Lowfat plain yogurt (or use the same amount of silken tofu for non-dairy version)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Ice cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon cacao nibs
- Place cauliflower, banana, milk, yogurt (or tofu), cocoa powder, and peanut butter in a blender and blend on high until smooth, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add ice and blend again until smooth. Top with cacao nibs.
Protein: 19 g
Carbohydrate: 51 g
Dietary Fiber: 12 g
Total Sugars: 25 g (0g added sugar)
Total Fat: 17 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 233 mg