Blueberry-Sunflower Seed Overnight Oats
Soaking oats in milk overnight, or for a few hours, softens them so they’re ready to eat with no fuss (or cooking) in the morning. This combination pairs sweet fiber-rich blueberries, crunchy sunflower seeds packed with healthy fats and a touch of maple syrup.
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cups 1% milk or unsweetened soy milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup or honey
- dash coarse sea salt optional
- 2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen and thawed
- 2 tablespoons roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- Combine the oats, milk, vanilla, maple syrup, and salt in a bowl or jar with a lid. Canning jars work really well and can serve as a to-go container, too.
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving, top with blueberries and sunflower seeds.
You can also heat your overnight oats in the microwave if you prefer them as hot cereal.
Nutrition Facts (per serving, 1/2 of recipe)
CALORIES: 372, PROTEIN: 14g, FAT: 9g fat (1.9g saturated) CARBOHYDRATE: 61g, FIBER: 8g, SUGAR: 26g, SODIUM:77mg