gluten and sugar-free banana bread with cashew cream topping
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbs of applesauce (raw, without sugar)
- 100 g of agave syrup or date syrup
- 70 g of coconut powder
- 80 g of almond powder
- 1/2 tbs of fresh ginger
- 1/2 or 1 tbs of cinnamon
- 1/2 tbs of nutmeg
- 1 mocha spoon baking soda
- 1/2 pack baking powder
- 100 g of water or oat milk
- 30 g of oil (cold pressed, extra virgin olive or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup of walnuts (optional)
- 4-5 dates cut into fine dices (optional, but also a very good option) 🙂
Cashew Cream topping
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 1/2 cup water
- few drops of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Drain the cashews, and discard the soaking water.
- Pour the fresh 1/2 cup filtered water into the blender, and add the soaked cashews with the agave syrup, vanilla, lemon, and salt. Blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Tweak water, and vanilla to taste.
- Transfer to a sealed container in the fridge, and chill for a few hours to thicken.
- preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Smash the bananas with a fork, add lemon juice, applesauce, agave syrup, fresh ginger, water or oat milk, dates and coconut or olive oil.
- combine all the dry ingredients in another bowl. Baking soda, Baking powder, salt, coconut powder, almond powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- mix well the banana puree with the dry ingredients, add walnuts if you would like.
- spread in a baking form
- bake it for 20-25 mins
- spread the chilled cashew cream topping on the chilled banana bread and ENJOY:)
I love to dress up the banana bread with dried coconut, pumpkin seed, almond or any kind of pretty nuts available in my kitchen. 🙂