- 5-6 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/3 cup Cashew nuts
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp cocoa or raw cacao
- 4 Tbsp 100% nut butter of choice
- 50g minimum 72% Dark chocolate (optional)
How to make:
1. In a food processor combine dates, oats, chia seeds, cashews, vanilla, cocoa and 1 Tbsp of nut butter. Process until mixture comes together. You may need to add a little water to help this come together better, it varies with the stickiness of the dates.
2. Press 3/4 of this mixture into a greased and lined slice tin. Spread over the remaining nut butter and then sprinkle over the remaining chocolate mixture. Press into the tin lightly to help it hold together.
3. Place in the fridge for an hour. Optional: Melt the dark chocolate in a glass bowl and drizzle over the top, before putting it back in the fridge to set. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
4. Keep this slice in the fridge for up to 4 days, or keep it in the freezer to make it last even longer!
For a cheaper alternative, you can use 1/2 cup of ordinary pitted dates- just soak them in boiling water for 10 minutes to soften them before you add them to the food processor.