- 4 medium size ripe bananas
- 2 chia eggs (see how to make them below)
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ cup of melted coconut oil
- ¼ of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of maca powder (optional)
- dairy-free dark chocolate chips (optional)
1.) Pre heat the oven at 350F. Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to a loaf pan to grease all the sides and edges (standard size 8½x 4½) but you can also make it in cupcake molds.
2.) Mash bananas with a fork in a big bowl then add the wet ingredients, mixing well until you can see that everything is combined.
3.) Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and keep mixing until it’s well combined.
4.) Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, depending on your oven you might need to adjust the time. If you insert a knife in the center and it comes out clean then it’s ready. It should have a golden brown color on top when is done. (I ended up cooking mine for 70 minutes, so the time really could vary!)
To make the chia eggs: combine 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water. Stir well, and place in the fridge to set for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, the result should be a sticky egg-like substitute.