10 percent of women of reproductive age have endometriosis.
This condition is challenging because symptoms such as bloating, immense pain and fertility fears affect your daily life. However, you may be surprised to know it’s possible to reduce the symptoms with an endometriosis diet! Many women struggle with the symptoms of endometriosis but don’t know that they have this condition. Regrettably, only advanced stages of endometriosis show up on medical tests.
My Approach to Reduce Endometriosis
Remove inflammatory foods from your diet such as bread, soy, corn, sugar, too much meat (eat a balanced amount with vegetables; you don’t need to eliminate it altogether). Simply removing these foods can be very effective.
Increase consumption of healing antioxidant and anti inflammatory foods like the ingredients we use in the smoothie recipe below.
Detoxify excess oestrogen to decrease endometrial growths. The ingredients in the smoothie bowl also help decrease excess oestrogen.
Key ingredients in our endometriosis diet smoothie:
- Anti-inflammatory properties reduce PMS symptoms and helps inhibit the growth of the uterine tissues like fibroids, cysts and endometrial growths
- One problem with curcumin (the medicinal compound in turmeric) is its low levels of bioavailability. Most of the curcumin that is ingested gets metabolized before it can get absorbed. Piperine (found in peppercorns) and fats are said to help make curcumin more bioavailable
- Curcumin is also an emmenagogue and an antioxidant
- As little as 1/2 of one teaspoon of cinnamon daily can have positive effects on blood sugar levels, digestion, immunity, and more
- Contains antioxidants: polyphenols, phenolic acid, and flavonoids. These compounds fight oxidative stress in the body which can lead to disease
- Has seven kinds of flavonoid compounds which are highly effective at reducing inflammation levels
- Eating a raw carrot a day has been shown through research in remove excess estrogen from the body.
- Beta-carotene and antioxidants protect your skin from sun damage, preventing premature wrinkling, acne, dry skin, pigmentation, blemishes, uneven skin tone
- Potassium and B6 can help prevent menstrual cramping and PMS symptoms
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Mango, frozen
- 1 Banana
- 1 medium Carrot, peeled and diced
- 2″ Turmeric, peeled
- 1 tsp Ghee, grass fed
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- pinch Pepper, fresh ground
- 2 scoops Collagen peptides Or protein powder of choice
- Banana, sliced
- Carrot, shredded
- Coconut, shredded
- Cinnamon powder
- Turmeric powder
- Chia seed
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Once blended and creamy, pour into a glass to enjoy right away or a bowl for garnishing. You may find it easier to garnish once you put the bowl in the fridge/freezer for 10-20 minutes.
- Garnish with your choice of toppings.