12 Medjool pitted Dates
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 1/2 cups Raw cashews soaked uncovered for 1 hourL
1/4 cup Lemon juice
1/3 cup coconut oil meltedC
1/2 cup coconut milk M
1/2cup Maple Syrup
300 grams frozen / fresh Raspberries or Strawberries
- Lightly greased a spring form cake tin, set aside.
- Place macadamias, coconut, cinnamon and dates in a food processor, blend until a loose dough forms – it should stick together when you squeeze a bit between your fingers. If it’s too dry, add a few more dates through the spout while processing. Note if you get caught and the mixture is a little wet, just add some a few more dry nuts.
- Add the crust mixture to the cake tin and press with fingers. To pack it down, use a small glass or the back of a spoon to compact it, place a piece of baking paper between your presser and the crust to avoid any part coming back up.
- Set in freezer to firm up.
- Blend the raspberries or strawberries in the food processor until smooth. Pass the puree through a fine sieve and discard the seeds. Set aside.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to a blender and mix until very smooth, add the raspberry or strawberry puree.
- Pour mixture on top of the prepared based, tap a few times to release any air bubbles, then cover with plastic wrap and freeze until hard – about 4-6 hours.
- Once set, remove by tugging on the tabs or loosening them with a butter knife.
- Decorate with fresh berries and sprinkles of coconut sugar.